REQUIREMENTS FOR OVERSEAS REGISTRATION OF BIRTHS
· At least one (1) parent whose name is recorded on the Foreign Birth Certificate MUST be a Guyanese
· Registrant must be born after May 26, 1966.
· Person to be registered must appear in person along with the documents outlined below.
· Original Birth Certificate of the Registrant will be retained.
· Fee- Rmb 1,400.
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED
· Original Birth Certificate of the person being registered
· Proof of Birth of the Guyanese parent, whose name must be recorded on the foreign Birth Certificate.
· Original Birth Certificate of parent of registrant
· Valid photo identification of the person effecting the registration.
· If that person is not the parent, a duly notarized authorization should also be produced.
· Births not registered in English must be accompanied by an official translation.
· Complete processing of the registration can take up to one (1) week.
· On completion of the registration, contact will be made with the applicant.
· On receipt of the Registration Certificate, a check should be made to ensure that allthe information recorded is correct. If any errors are detected, return the Certificate to the Embassy for rectification.
· A copy of the Registration will be forwarded to the General Registrar Office in Guyana for its records.
On receipt of the Certificate of Registration of Birth, the registrant becomes eligible to apply for a Guyana passport.